26. January 2018 | Oekotech

comfortemp goes sustainable

Freudenberg goes sustainable
comfortemp fiberball eco: the perfect high-performance padding for sportswear.
Source: Freudenberg
Freudenberg Performance Materials Apparel (Freudenberg) has succeeded in achieving the technical feasibility of using recycled fibers in padding. As a new partner of the sustainable bluesign system, Freudenberg will be presenting the thermo-insulation series comfortemp down feel HO19xPS and comfortemp fiberball eco HO29xR at ISPO Munich 2018 from January 28-31 in Hall C3, Stand 436.

For the first time ever, Freudenberg will be presenting the Eco version of the comfortemp fiberball padding, the world’s first padding made from fiber balls. Made from 80 % recycled fibers, comfortemp fiberball eco is a sustainable, high-performance padding and is ideal for sportswear. The remaining 20 % of the padding is made up of binder components that are essential for making a coherent structure such as padding. “As the first sustainable padding made from fiberballs, comfortemp fiberball eco combines the benefits of padding and down”, explained Ulrich Scherbel, General Manager Freudenberg Performance Materials Apparel.

PYUA: exclusive partner at ISPO Munich 2018
PYUA is a specialist in sustainable outerwear and is the exclusive partner of Freudenberg at ISPO Munich 2018. Both companies aspire to bring technologically top quality and ecologically clean products onto the market. “We are very happy that we can use comfortemp fiberball eco as padding in our entire collection and present it exclusively at ISPO Munich 2018”, commented PYUA founder Timo Perschke about the collaboration with Freudenberg.

Freudenberg is a new bluesign system partner
Since the end of 2017, Freudenberg has been an official system partner of bluesign technologies, a global network that aims to systematically reduce the burden on humans and the environment caused by the textile industry. Sustainability is deeply rooted in Freudenberg’s corporate principles. bluesign stands for transparency and cooperation throughout the supply chain and is a renowned network that promotes sustainable business practices in the textile industry. This makes the system partnership with bluesign a perfect fit for Freudenberg as a reliable and responsible supplier of thermal insulation materials and interlinings. In the context of this collaboration, alongside the sustainable products themselves, Freudenberg customers receive effective communication materials, right through to point of sale.

edited by Angelika Hörschelmann

to top print RSS-Feed