04. February 2019 | Sporttech
Thermal insulation systems made from recycled polyester fibers
comfortemp comprises a range of innovative materials that combine perfect comfort with outstanding thermal insulation. “Following the tremendous success of the market launch last year, we have continued to develop comfortemp for the sports and fashion sector; we are now presenting a complete product portfolio made from 100% recycled polyester”, explained Ulrich Scherbel, General Manager of Freudenberg Performance Materials Apparel.
What the comfortemp thermal insulation range offers:
• Solutions for active sportswear, outerwear and the fashion and outdoor sectors
• Excellent functionality thanks to innovative technologies
• Easy care, washability and resistance to fiber migration
• Various different weights, fibers, textures and degrees of insulation
• An alternative to down: comfortemp fiberball eco combines the advantages of padding and down in a sustainable high-performance insulation system
• Global Recycled Standard (GRS) certified sites
• bluesign system partner bearing the bluesign label
• Oeko-Tex certified
The right comfortemp series for every application
At ISPO, Freudenberg experts will be presenting the new HO 13X R insulation series. This features a high degree of insulation and is made from 100% recycled polyester derived from recycled PET bottles. It is also particularly soft and breathable, making it ideal for sports and fashion clothing, including modern fits. In contrast, the fiber balls and loose fibers of the new WB 300 R (fiber balls) and WA 100 R (loose fibers) series have superior bulking properties and can be used to make garments with the look and feel of down. These series are also made from 100% recycled polyester from recycled PET bottles. The classic, high-insulation comfortemp fiberball eco HO 29X R series consists of 100% recycled polyester fiber balls and is the perfect alternative to down.
“Thanks to the many new materials in our comfortemp range, we can now offer every customer a suitable solution for their specific needs, all made from 100% recycled polyester”, Scherbel concluded.