11. March 2015 | Fibers & Filaments
Outlast: What, why, when?
provide more transparency and a better overview, Outlast will present the complete PCM spectrum at Techtextil: from compounds to fibers/yarns and coated products for various end uses.
Outlast is a supplier in the textile industry who is able to offer various PCM possibilities. In the past years, there have been many developments on the fiber side: After releasing the PCM viscose fiber, the first PCM polyester fiber followed. This presented a new opportunity for “filling materials”, which are mostly used for bedding, but can also be utilized for apparel. Outlast is best known for its presence in the bedding industry (PCMs for mattresses, duvets, mattress protectors/toppers, pillows), but is also very active in the apparel (outdoor, sportswear, underwear, protective wear), footwear (shoes, socks, insoles) and accessory industry (gloves, helmets). But Outlast has also devoted a lot of time researching new markets where the technology can be utilized – the newest development being in the electronics industry.
PCMs can be structured in the following categories:
• Outlast technology in fibers: This application is suited for products being worn next to skin (for example: underwear, socks, t-shirts, orthopedic products)
• Outlast technology in filling materials: There are different filling materials (based on viscose or polyester fibers), which can be used for bedding or apparel (for example jackets). They can be also blended with downs.
• Outlast technology as coating: A high loading can be reached. Nonwovens or knits serve as raw materials which are coated. The applications are wide: Looking at bedding mattresses and mattress protectors, pillows and duvets take prof it of the dynamic climate regulation. Coated products are used for apparel/footwear and PPE from head to toe. This application is also interesting for medical products.
• Outlast technology as MIC: An advanced formulation of Outlast PCM is finely printed onto flat fabric. This process is ideal for brands seeking a larger volume program using their own fabrics. Outlast MIC is intended for products worn next to skin and is perfect for the active, casual and sportswear markets.
• Outlast technology as compound: Here Outlast focuses on individual solutions for projects. If a customer already has special process technology available (for example a spraying equipment) the matching Outlast compound can be used. The customer then produces his end product (for example: mattresses which are sprayed with the compound). With little investment the heat managing performance can be easily achieved.
Outlast presents the newest innovations at Techtextil from 4 to 7 May, 2015, in Frankfurt, Hall 3.1, Stand D 61.